[R] Using R remotely on a Mac OS X machine

Benjamin T. Higgins bhiggins at cs.washington.edu
Fri Feb 20 02:05:23 CET 2004

Hello,

I've recently installed R (RAqua I guess?) on a Mac OS X machine and it
works fine locally.  However, I want to run some things from the command
line remotely.  I can't seem to get this to work and have tried several
different things (i.e., --vanilla, --gui none, doing stuff in batch mode).
This is the error I always get:

kCGErrorIllegalArgument : initCGDisplayState: cannot map display interlocks.
kCGErrorIllegalArgument : CGSNewConnection cannot get connection port
kCGErrorInvalidConnection : CGSExtractEventRecordsFromMessage: Invalid
connection
kCGErrorIllegalArgument : CGSNewConnection cannot get connection port
INIT_Processeses(), could not establish the default connection to the
WindowServer.Abort trap

Anyone know what to do?

Has anyone gotten R to work remotely on a Mac OS X machine?

Thanks,
Ben