[R] 1024GB max memory on R for Windows XP?

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Feb 20 22:19:32 CET 2004

For vectors and matrices (which are vectors with dim attributes), I believe
the memory need to be contiguous, but not for lists.

You still have not indicated which particular "UNIX" you are using.  On the
64-bit Linux we have here with 16GB RAM, the R (compiled as 64-bit
application) process can use nearly all the physical RAM available, without
any setting.

Andy