[R] R: Including R plots in a Microsoft Word document

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Mon Feb 23 04:05:43 CET 2004

Another way to transfer plots is to transfer the display list.
This is a list of the low level plot commands that R produces.

For example, on Linux do this:

   dev.control(displaylist="enable") # enable display list
   plot(1:10)
   myplot <- recordPlot()  # load displaylist into variable
   save(myplot, file="myplot", ascii=TRUE)

Send the ascii file, myplot, to the Windows machine and on Windows do this:

   dev.control(displaylist="enable") # enable display list
   load("myplot")
   myplot # displays the plot
   savePlot("myplot", type="wmf")  # saves current plot as wmf

I don't have Linux to actually try this out but perhaps someone
with both can try it out.

---