[R] <no subject>

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 24 15:56:09 CET 2004

I don't know what these files are. so depending on whether you want to
call them with 400 different names or just have one data set for the 400
files. but in either case you can do a for loops on the directory. i.e.
put the 400 files in a seperate directory and setwd("to that directory")
do this

for (i %in% dir()){
assign(gsub(".dat", "", i), scan(....))}

this will create the 400 files with names without the .dat at the end.
note if you want to merge theem or rbind them, just replace the the
command assign above by rbind or merge.