[R] Computing the mode

Ravi Varadhan rvaradha at jhsph.edu
Tue Feb 24 22:23:20 CET 2004

I remember Prof. Ripley suggesting the "taut springs" approach to
estimating the modes, sometime ago in a posting to this group. I would
be interested in knowing whether there is any R implementation of this
approach (developed by Davies (1995)), for both non-parametric
regression and density estimation.

Ravi.