[R] lapack routine dgesdd, error code 1

karl cottenie cottenie at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Feb 25 04:03:49 CET 2004

Hello R-users,

during one of my analyses that involve a SVD, I get the following error
message:

Error in La.svd(x, nu, nv, method) : error code 1 from Lapack routine
dgesdd

With a search on the R web site, I only found references to error codes
17 and 3 for this particular routine. I also found the Lapack web site,
but could not find a list of the possible error messages. If somebody
knows what this error message means, or where I can find more
information, that would be great.

thanks in advance,

Karl

Karl Cottenie
Postdoctoral Fellow
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis - UC Santa Barbara
735 State Street, Suite 300
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
e-mail: cottenie at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/~cottenie