[R] books:

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Wed Feb 25 23:34:26 CET 2004

Not precisely an answer to your question but here are some
OO R links that I have collected over time.  Not sure if
all these links still work.

---
Date:   Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:42:13 -0800
From:   Vadim Ogranovich <vograno at evafunds.com>
To:   R Help List <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
Subject:   [R] books: "Programming with Data: A Guide to the S Language" vs." S Programming"

Hi,

Could someone please compare "Programming with Data: A Guide to the S
Language" by J. Chambers and " S Programming" by W. Venables and B.
Ripley? Ideally, I need a "guide" for writing R OO-style packages that
intensively interact with C/C++ libraries.

The specific project I have in mind is to write a thin and limited
DB-connectivity package that would interact with Oracle via its OCCI
interface (it's an intention subject to time availability and project
complexity). If you've been there or somehow think this is a daunting
task I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Vadim