[R] Computing very large distance matrix

Arnav Sheth sheth at economics.rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 26 01:22:08 CET 2004

Hello,

Thank you all for your replies.

I have just discovered that now, for some reason, R does not let me increase
its memory limit beyond 4095 Mb.

Also, I get a different error message when computing the matrix using
daisy() as opposed to dist():

Error: Cannot allocate vector of size 135168 Kb

Does this mean that there is no way in which I can compute this distance
matrix on the machine I described below?

Is there any possible solution to this problem?

Thanks again to all,
Arnav.