[R] unable to install dse in mac OS X 10.3

Emilio A. Laca ealaca at ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 26 23:42:57 CET 2004

I would like to request help with the installation of dse in raqua in mac
os x 10.3. I get the following error message after the messages indicating
that parts were successfully installed.

I would be most grateful for a solution.

* Installing *source* package 'setRNG' ...

** R

** inst

** help

 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'setRNG'

     Formats: text html latex example

  00Intro.setRNG                    text    html    latex   example

  getRNG                            text    html    latex   example

  setRNG                            text    html    latex   example

* DONE (setRNG)

* Installing *source* package 'tframe' ...

** R

** inst

** help

 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'tframe'

     Formats: text html latex example

  00Intro.tframe                    text    html    latex

 <snip>
  trimNA                            text    html    latex   example

* DONE (tframe)

* Installing *source* package 'dse1' ...

** libs

g77   -fno-common  -g -O2 -c dsefor.f -o dsefor.o

gcc -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -L/usr/local/lib -o dse1.so
dsefor.o  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin6.6/3.4
-L/usr/local/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin6.6/3.4/../../.. -lfrtbegin -lg2c
-lSystem -lcc_dynamic

/usr/bin/ld: -undefined: unknown argument: -lbundle1.o

make: *** [dse1.so] Error 1

ERROR: compilation failed for package 'dse1'

** Removing '/Users/el/Library/RAqua/library/dse1'

Emilio A. Laca
Agronomy and Range Science
UC Davis
One Shields Ave.