[R] importing S-Plus data files

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Feb 28 09:09:11 CET 2004

By `data files' do you mean objects stored in the .Data directory?

If so I think your only real hope is to use S-PLUS to read those files.
Presumably you have technical support with your S-PLUS licenses, and the
simplest solution may be to get your S-PLUS for Linux running again with
the help of S-PLUS technical support.