[R] Stepwise regression and pacf

Erin Hodgess hodgess at gator.uhd.edu
Sat Feb 28 22:13:11 CET 2004

Hello Tomas!

There are functions for pacf and plot.acf.

They are in library(ts)

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Erin Hodgess
Associate Professor
Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
University of Houston - Downtown
mailto: hodgess at gator.uhd.edu

To: R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:52:33 +0100
Subject: [R] Stepwise regression and partial correlation for wildlife census
	time series

Dear List;

We are doing a time series analysis of wildlife census data. We use a
stepwise regression of the annual per capita rate of increase against
pervious years population size (log transformed) as suggested by
Berryman & Turchin (2001, Oikos 92:265-270).

How can we obtain the partial correlation coefficients in R to make a
plot of them against the lag as in a standard PACF?

Yours Sincerely

Tomas Willebrand