[R] install on windows

Ghislaine Guigon gguigon at pasteur.fr
Mon Jan 5 13:53:36 CET 2004

   I'm trying to install packages on windows XP and I have trouble with
   command Rcmd build (R version 1.8.1) :
   In the Windows console for package maanova for example, answer is :
   C:\Documents and Settings\dillies\Mes documents\ghis\packages>Rcmd
   build maanova
   * checking for file 'maanova/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
   * preparing 'maanova':
   * cleaning src
   * checking whether 'INDEX' is up-to-date ... NO
   * use '--force' to overwrite the existing 'INDEX'
   * removing junk files
   * building 'maanova_0.91-3.tar.gz'
   tar: and: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
   tar: Settings/dillies/Mes : Cannot stat: No such file or directory
   tar: documents/ghis/packages/maanova_0.91-3.tar: Cannot stat: No such
   file or directory
   tar: and: Not found in archive
   tar: Settings/dillies/Mes: Not found in archive
   tar: documents/ghis/packages/maanova_0.91-3.tar: Not found in archive
   tar: and: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
   tar: Settings/dillies/Mes: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
   tar: documents/ghis/packages/maanova_0.91-3.tar: Cannot stat: No such
   file or di
   rectory
   tar: maanova: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
   maanova_0.91-3.tar: No such file or directory
   Is someone still have same problem ?
   Rtools are installed.
   Thanks for answers,

   Ghislaine GUIGON