[R] Analyzing dendograms??

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Mon Jan 5 16:20:33 CET 2004

Post script: I'm afraid my `solution` was no good, because
I forgot the need to change nc and nr. (I got bogged down
in passing ylim and lost track of your real question.)

Hopefully someone with a deeper understanding of the
original problem will come to the rescue. If not there may
be milage on restricting your matrix[,] to matrix[<cond1>,<cond2>]
according to information in sclus and gclus. But I am in
over my depth here.

> >On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Johan Lindberg wrote:
> >

> > > I have used heatmap to visualize my microarray data. I
> have a matrix of
> > > M-values. I do the following.
> > >
> > > #The distance between the columns.
> > > sampdist <- dist(t(matrix[,]), method="euclidean")
> > > sclus <- hclust(sampdist, method="average")
> > > #The distance between the rows.
> > > genedist <- dist(matrix[,], method="euclidean")
> > > gclus <- hclust(genedist, method="average")
> > >
> heatmap(matrix[,],Rowv=as.dendrogram(gclus),Colv=as.dendrogram
> (sclus),
> > col=rbg)
> > >
> > > So far so good. But what if I want to look at a group of
> genes that appear
> > > to have the same expression pattern in the heatmap? How
> do I zoom in on a
> > > dendogram in a heatmap to look at which genes that are forming the
> > > interesting clusters? I would really appreciate if
> someone could give me a
> > > pointer.

Simon Fear
Senior Statistician
Syne qua non Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1379 644449
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 644445
email: Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
web: http://www.synequanon.com

Number of attachments included with this message: 0

This message (and any associated files) is confidential and\...{{dropped}}