[R] runif and sample with reproducibility

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Mon Jan 5 20:00:10 CET 2004

With this sort of problem you will get better chance of
a response if you reduce your program down to a small
reproducable example which illustrates the behavior.
Also give your R version and your OS version.

When I try running sample(100,10) repeatedly on R 1.8.1 under
Windows 2000 Pro it works fine:

> f <- function() { set.seed(1); sample(100,10) }
>
> a <- f()
> for(i in 1:1000) if (!identical(f(),a)) cat("not identical\n")

Note that no output was produced showing the random numbers were
always the same.

---