[R] build R package on winXP

Jing Wu jingwu at stat.purdue.edu
Tue Jan 6 17:18:02 CET 2004

Dear Professor Ripley,

Sorry I didn't get what the manual says. I read readme.package and also R
for Windows Users several times but the pieces didn't come together. Your
guess is right. The TMPDIR was set to c:\Documents
and Settings\ and I didn't know this was a problem since I only checked
Path and didn't see any path to be c:\Documents.... I think the Path
"Program Files" should be substitute with "PROGRA~1" but what I should use
for "Documents and Settings"? Thanks a lot for your help.

Jing