[R] ? data.entry "read-only" ?

David Firth d.firth at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 23:50:42 CET 2004

The function showData() in the relimp package does something like this
(and has a go at your bonus question), in a Tk widget.  It's far from a
polished product, but gives some idea of what can be done using the
tcltk package.  Usage is, for example,

data(trees)
showData(trees)

It will be very slow with very large datasets, but fine for smaller
ones.

I just discovered, though, that showData() has at least one serious
bug, arising from changes (quite a while ago now! I should have mended
this earlier) in the tcltk package.  I'll put a new version of relimp
on CRAN soon, and in the meantime I have put a fixed version of
showData() at
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/staff/academic/firth/
software/relimp/showdata.r
--  In case it's of use.