[R] summary() within a function

Rodrigo Abt rodrigo.abt at sii.cl
Wed Jan 14 20:53:13 CET 2004

Ulisses, by the way I forgot something, If your function doesn´t end with
summary you'll have to print it explicitly

f<-function(){
 x<-1:10
 y<-rnorm(10)
 s<-lm(y~x+0)
 print(summary(s))
}

---

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:24:22 +0100
From: uaca at alumni.uv.es
Subject: [R] summary() within a function
To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch

I have the following function

f <- function {

	model <- lm(rttx[,1] ~ rttx[,2] + 0);
	summary(model);

}

while summary(model) shows the summary if I execute the function line by
line
in the Command Line Interface, if I call f() summary is silent

how to solve it? or is there workaround?

thanks in advance

	Ulisses

                Debian GNU/Linux: a dream come true
-
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo
Picasso

--->	Visita http://www.valux.org/ para saber acerca de la	<---
--->	Asociacisn Valenciana de Usuarios de Linux		<---

Rodrigo Abt,
SII, Chile