[R] nonlinear regression and Excel solver

Arne Henningsen ahenningsen at agric-econ.uni-kiel.de
Wed Jan 14 23:12:00 CET 2004

Hi,

I don't know S-Plus and its functions nlminb() and ms(). However, in R I would
use optim(), optimize or nlm(). I used these functions quiet often and had
only very few problems. I think that R is better, easier and more flexible
than Excel (at least in the long run), but since I don't anything about the
Lefkovitch matrix framework I might be wrong in this case.

Best wishes,
Arne

--
Arne Henningsen