[R] univariant time series

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 15 09:09:49 CET 2004

    Samuel> Hi, I am trying to use the stl function in the ts
    Samuel> package. It requires that the data is a univariant
    Samuel> time series at the moment my data is in a vector. I
    Samuel> have coerced it to a time series using....

    Samuel> crimets <- ts(crimeData)

    Samuel> However, this does not work.

yes, the above usually works  IFF  'crimeData' is really a
numeric vector.

Do look at the result of
     str(crimeData)
and  str(crimets)

In any case ``does not work'' is not informative for us to be of
real help.  Did you read the posting guide (mentioned at the end
of every R-help message) ?

Regards,
Martin