[R] plotting predicted values (lines) over data?

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Thu Jan 15 20:23:29 CET 2004

I've been trying to plot the predicted values, as a line, over the data for
a simple nonlinear fit with the following commands:

plot( hg ~ ht )
... define some function hg ~ ht + junk ...
... blah, blah, obtain parameter estimates and predicted values, blah...
... then...
lines( sort( $predicted ) ~ sort( ht ) )

which results in a line that isn't smooth (which I knew would happen). I've
checked the FAQ,docs and archives and I'm not sure if there's function that
will so what Heut et. al (2004) do with their plfit(). So, is there already
an R function, or process to do this, or will I have to write one?

Thanks,
Jeff.

---
Jeff D. Hamann