[R] invoking R scripts from a linux shell ?

Enrico Curiotto e_curiotto at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 00:02:11 CET 2004

Hello,

I have written perl programs that extract data from a
text file, process them, and create other text files,
which I'd like to apply some statistics too (for
example with R).

I'd like to do it all in once , with a single script.
I'm not familiar with R, I'd like to know if this task
could be accomplished by creating a linux shells that
launches the perl scripts and then "R functions" that
maybe pass back some results to the system like in
this schema:

S ---> Perl
H <-----
E ---> R functions
L <-----

Is it possible ?
Where can I get information to do that? (to call R
from a shell, in background)

Are other better way to do that?

Thank you very much!

Enrico.