[R] graph algorithms in R

Tobias Sing tsing at mpi-sb.mpg.de
Tue Jan 20 01:58:20 CET 2004

> I was wondering if there are any packages available that can represent
> mathematical graphs along with functions to manipulate them? Google
> did'nt turn up anything ( I may be asking too much of R :-/ )

I was looking for the same thing the other day, and found that a graph package
for R is being developed as part of the bioconductor project. However, I
haven't tried it yet, so I don't know about the status (judging from the
function list one shouldn't expect a comprehensive collection of graph
algorithms, but at least the base structures and some random graph stuff seem
to be implemented already). There is also a package for visualization,
Rgraphviz.

http://www.bioconductor.org/
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.3/package/html/graph.html
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.2/package/html/Rgraphviz.html

Tobias

Tobias Sing
Diploma Student

Computational Biology Group
Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 85
66123 Saarbrücken, Germany

Also affiliated with:
Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Group
Institut für Informatik
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany

Phone: +49 681 9325 314
Fax: +49 681 9325 399
E-mail: tsing at mpi-sb.mpg.de
WWW: http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/units/ag3/