[R] matrix exponential: M^0

Giovanni Petris GPetris at uark.edu
Tue Jan 20 16:55:43 CET 2004

elementary operations, like taking a power, act elementwise on vectors
and matrices. You may use a spectral decomposition to compute powers
of a matrix - or a for loop if you are interested in small integer
powers.

HTH
Giovanni

[ Giovanni Petris                 GPetris at uark.edu ]
[ Department of Mathematical Sciences              ]
[ University of Arkansas - Fayetteville, AR 72701  ]
[ Ph: (479) 575-6324, 575-8630 (fax)               ]
[ http://definetti.uark.edu/~gpetris/              ]