[R] Better way to find function

nuvo nuvo nuvolab at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 06:53:13 CET 2004

To whom it may concern,

1. I would like to know if there is a command in R to choose a function for
a given dataset. I am facing a difficult question about how to fit the data
[ please attachment ]

2. Are there any function that will allow users to do the piecewise
regression?

If not, is it going to be provide in the new updated version? What I am
using is the piecewise logistic regression, but it doesn't have a continuous
function though. I hope that R would have a specific command to do the
piecewise (non)linear regression.

I would apprecaite your suggestion.

Sincerely yours,

Nhum