[R] fedora and yum

Martyn Plummer plummer at iarc.fr
Wed Jan 21 18:24:48 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 01:53, Erich Neuwirth wrote:
> I just installed Fedora in VMWare.
> Can somebopdy tell me what lines i have to put in
> yum.conf
> so R will be automatically integrated in the package system
> and updated when a new release is available?

I don't think this is possible, yet. My understanding is that a yum
repository has a special directory of header files, and CRAN doesn't
have this.

Probably the best bet is for me to contribute R RPMS to the Fedora
project, or rather the project formerly known as the Red Hat Linux
project ( http://www.fedora.us ), which has its own yum repository.
This hasn't been properly merged with the rest of Fedora, so I haven't
done so. I joined a previous attempt by Red Hat to contribute quality
3rd party RPMS but it fizzled out, so I hope you'll forgive me for not
jumping at this one.

Martyn