[R] Please help with \usage{} for [.S3Class in Rd-Format

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 18:38:12 CET 2004

I think you may be trying too hard.  Look at Extract.data.frame.Rd and
Extract.factor.Rd.  I would just have an Extract.refdata.Rd.

You only need the  \methods{generic}{class} notation when you want to
document a generic and a method, or more than one method, in the same help
file.  And at present the Perl conversion does not cope with regexp
characters in function names ....

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk