[R] Bug in termplot?

Simon Wotherspoon Simon.Wotherspoon at utas.edu.au
Thu Jan 22 07:06:27 CET 2004

Hi,
	Is this a bug in termplot, or (once again) do I just not understand what R
is really doing?

I am using termplot to contruct partial residual plots,
  1. For all terms at once
  2. One term at a time
but I get different results from these two methods.  To give a concrete
example, I would have thought the top and bottom rows of the plot
constructed with the following code would be identical.

Grateful for any clues

Simon.

## Term plot example

n <- 50
x1 <- 2*runif(n)
x2 <- 2*runif(n)
y <- x1+sin(x2)+0.1*rnorm(n)

fit <- lm(y ~ x1 +x2)
par(mfrow=c(2,2))
termplot(fit,partial=T)
termplot(fit,terms="x1",partial=T)
termplot(fit,terms="x2",partial=T)

--please do not edit the information below--

Version:
 platform = i386-pc-mingw32
 arch = i386
 os = mingw32
 system = i386, mingw32
 status =
 major = 1
 minor = 8.1
 year = 2003
 month = 11
 day = 21
 language = R

Windows ME 4.90 (build 3000)

Search Path:
 .GlobalEnv, package:methods, package:ctest, package:mva, package:modreg,
package:nls, package:ts, Autoloads, package:base
---