[R] D(COM) with Excel

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 08:41:37 CET 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Joel Pitt wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm currently trying to use R in an automated
> macro with Excel, and to this effect I've been
> using the D(COM) server.
>
> However I've been having alot of problems with
> it, because it seems to be limited to only recieving
> and sending arrays. I've been struggling
> trying to find a way to receive model summaries
> from R to put in Excel. I also seem to have
> some strange errors coming up...
> I've tried doing everything I want directly in R
> by hand, and it has been fine, but excel seems to
> complicate everything :(
>
> Any people have suggestions?

There are two (D)COM servers for R, on by Thomas Baier that has its own
mailing list, and one by Duncan Temple Lang (at www.omegahat.org and in
the Omegahat area on CRAN).

It is impossible for us to help with a message as vague as `some strange
errors coming up', so I suggest you read

and then post on the appropriate mailing list for whichever server you are
using.

[The Baier-version list is listed at the bottom of its readme.txt file.]

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk