[R] build fails to build help for nlme

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Jan 29 23:45:56 CET 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 10:43:22PM +0100, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > I have once seen this when a disc became full.
>
> Flaky RAM chips and overheating might do it too. Also, running the
> system near memory full condition (a runaway Mozilla or Java process
> perchance?). Is the crash point reproducible?

Per my previous reply, I waited a day and tried "make clean && make" and
got a clean build.

Yesterday, I tried repeating the make command (I didn't clean first),
and I did get the crash in what looked to be the same point when
building the help for the nlme package.

Given this, flaky RAM or high mem load seem more likely.  If I run into
it again I will be sure to make note of the current system load and
such.

Thanks,

+ seth