[R] Absolute ceiling on R's memory usage = 4 gigabytes?

Tae-Hoon Chung thchung at tgen.org
Fri Jul 2 01:52:24 CEST 2004

Hi, Eric.
It seems a little bit puzzling to me. Which Affymetrix chip do you use?
The reason I'm asking this is that yesterday I was able to normalize
150 HU-133A CEL files (containing 22283 probes) using R 1.9.1 in Mac OS
X 10.3.3 with 1.5 GB memory. If your chip has more probes than this,
then it must be understandable ...