[R] ESS does not recognize installed libraries

Tae-Hoon Chung thchung at tgen.org
Tue Jul 6 11:12:19 CEST 2004

Hi, all. Something strange happened to my ESS.

I use Mac OS X. When R is used in stand alone mode, it recognizes
external libraries like "affy", "e1071" etc.
However, when R is invoked through ESS in Emacs, it produces errors
like:
Error in library(affy) : There is no package called 'affy'
Interestingly, I remember I successfully used these libraries through
ESS in Emacs before.
I became unable to use these libraries at one moment but I don't recall
anything strange happened before that.
This kind of strange thing happened sometimes to my R.
In those cases, things restored smoothly when the system is restarted.
However, this time, this trick does not work.

Thanks in advance
Tae-Hoon Chung, Ph.D

Post-doctoral Research Fellow
Molecular Diagnostics and Target Validation Division
Translational Genomics Research Institute
1275 W Washington St, Tempe AZ 85281 USA
Phone: 602-343-8724