[R] ESS does not recognize installed libraries

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Tue Jul 6 12:04:59 CEST 2004

Do you by any chance have multiple versions of R installed ? The first
two lines of the header in the iESS buffer should give a clue. Example :

R : Copyright 2004, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 1.9.1  (2004-06-21), ISBN 3-900051-00-3

How does that compare to the header in your terminal/standalone mode. If
different, then you may have to set your global path to R correctly.

Other than that, it could be that some of your library paths are
missing. Try '.find.package("affy")' on your terminal. See if this path
is included in '.libPaths()' on your emacs/ESS interface.