[R] Win32 & C code

Paul Roebuck roebuck at odin.mdacc.tmc.edu
Wed Jul 7 19:32:41 CEST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Simon Cullen wrote:

> I'm trying to get C code working with R. This is my first time writing C
> on Windows and I'm making a mess of it. Help!
> I seem to be unable to make Windows pay attention to additions to the PATH
> variable so I stuck the code (test.c) into the $R_HOME\bin directory. I
> copied into the same directory mingw32-make.exe and renamed it make.exe
> (as the perl script SHLIB seems to want a make.exe).

I wrote a batch file to get mine working. Change directory
paths to match your setup.

WINBUILD.CMD
@cls
@SETLOCAL
@set PROJ=rwt
@set RBINDIR=C:\R\rw1091\bin
@set TOOLSBINDIR=C:\Rtools\bin
@set MINGWBINDIR=C:\MinGW\bin
@set PERLBINDIR=C:\Perl\bin
@set TEXBINDIR=C:\PROGRA~1\TeXLive\bin\win32
@set HCCBINDIR=C:\PROGRA~1\HTMLHE~1
   #### Next line split for readability ####
@set PATH=%TOOLSBINDIR%;%RBINDIR%;%MINGWBINDIR%;%PERLBINDIR%;
      %TEXBINDIR%;%HCCBINDIR%;%WINDIR%\system32;%WINDIR%
@echo PATH=%PATH%
Rcmd build --binary %PROJ%
Rcmd check %PROJ%
@ENDLOCAL