[R] read.frame

S Peri biocperi at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 06:41:14 CEST 2004

Dear Alec,
 Thank you for your response and it worked. Further, I
have another mathematical problem. I apologize ahead
as this question is not apt for this list. I am a
biologist working at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.

As I listed in my previous e-mail (attached below)I
mentioned I have 4 protein sets.  I am now trying to
calculate the combinatorics of these sets.  My
ultimate aim is to draw a venn diagram and find out
the proteins that are unique to set C,S,E and H.
 I drew a venn diagram graph and I am banging my head
to deduce the combinations.  It is easy for me to
deduce the intersections - that means the protein
entries that are present in common. However, it proved
very difficult to deduce the following:

I could calculate the following:

NP_*** present in both C and E (C intersection E)
NP_*** present in both C and H (C intersection H)
NP_*** present in both C and S (C ^ S)
NP_*** present in both E and H (E ^ H)
NP_*** present in both E and S (E ^ S)
NP_*** present in both H and S (H ^ S)

NP_*** present in C, E and H (C^E^H)
NP_*** present in C, H and S (C^H^S)
NP_*** present in E, H and S (E^H^S)
NP_*** present in E, S and C (E^S^C)

It is very difficult for me to deduce the following:

NP_**** entries specific to E
NP_**** entries specific to H
NP_**** entries specific to S

I waster many pages but could not derive some solution
to get unique elements for sets, s,e,h,and C.

Can any one help me by suggesting some way to get
these.

Thank you and I apologise again for posting the wrong
question.

SP