[R] Importing an Excel file

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 09:15:15 CEST 2004

I use very much Excel in my job and often I've to read
Excel data in R. Usually I save Excel file as a .txt
file and then I read it in R with read.table().

I find really interesting the suggest of using the
function read.xls() in the 'gregmisc' package.

I work also with R in Excel sheets by
R-Com/R-Interface (see:

It has several limits, but for some analysis is

Vito Ricci

Park, Kyong H Mr. RDECOM kyong.ho.park at us.army.mil
Wed Jul 7 20:21:42 CEST 2004

Hello, R users,
I am  a very beginner of R and tried read.csv to
import an excel file after
saving an excel file as csv. But it added alternating
rows of fictitious NA
values after row number 16. When I applied read.delim,
there were trailing
several commas at the end of each row after row number
16 instead of NA
values. Appreciate your help.

Diventare costruttori di soluzioni

Visitate il portale http://www.modugno.it/