[R] Can R read data from stdin?

Aaron J. Mackey amackey at pcbi.upenn.edu
Fri Jul 9 23:09:32 CEST 2004

I think the original poster wanted to read data from stdin, not execute
an entire script from stdin; this works on many UNIX-like systems:

d <- read.table("/dev/stdin", header=F);

Otherwise, for code, you can simply pipe (or redirect) to R from the
shell:

% R --vanilla --slave < input > outfile

-Aaron