[R] where does R search when source()?

Renaud Lancelot renaud.lancelot at cirad.fr
Sun Jul 11 09:13:52 CEST 2004

I do agree with you: in my opinion, creating a package is not a general
solution when you just want to save the script of a whole data analysis
for the purpose of, say, a paper or a report.

To meet this goal, I save the script in a text file and I use a text
editor with sourcing facilities (e.g. WinEdt + R-WinEdt, Xemacs +
ESS,...: see Software ==> Other section on CRAN).

See recent threads on this topic, e.g.
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/04/07/0195.html

Best,

Renaud