[R] Nested source()s

Murray Jorgensen maj at stats.waikato.ac.nz
Mon Jul 12 11:00:44 CEST 2004

I had an error message while running a macro from Yudi Pawitan's web site:

 > source("ex2-13.r")
Error in parse(file, n, text, prompt) : syntax error on line 2

Inspecting ex2-13.r I found that the error was generated by another
source() command.

Clearly R does not like nested source()s, which is fair enough when you
think about it. Still it's something that you might want to do. Does
anyone know how to get achieve the substance of what nested source()
commands would give you?

Murray Jorgensen

--
Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand