[R] multiple hierarchical anova models

Matthias Unterhuber MatUnt at gmx.de
Mon Jul 12 16:34:51 CEST 2004

Hello,

My name is Matthias and I do look for syntax regarding hierarchal anova
models in R. How can I express that a factor is nested within the
combination of two other factors A(B,C), e.g. for aov(...)? I did not find
the corresponding expression. Furthermore, I wanted to ask whether block
factors have to be specified in a specific way or are they just treated as
other factors (with no interactions).

Furthermore, in general an overview might be useful for beginners that
describes the structural equations of more complicated anova-designs
(hierarchical and block factor designs...) in the syntax of R.

Best wishes and thanks,

Matthias