.Platform addition (was Re: [R] where does R search when source()?)

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Mon Jul 12 18:50:30 CEST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:01:49 -0500 (CDT), Paul Roebuck
<roebuck at odin.mdacc.tmc.edu> wrote :

>I glanced this and thought this might be handy to keep for
>possible use. To make it less Windows-specific, I was going
>to replace Gabor's fsep default value with '.Platform$file.sep'
>when I noticed that .Platform doesn't have a '$path.sep'
>field. Just missing or available elsewhere?

I'm not sure I follow.  What would be the difference between
.Platform$file.sep and .Platform$path.sep ?

By the way, as far as I know .Platform$file.sep is "/" on all
platforms now.  In Windows R converts these to "\" when necessary.

Duncan Murdoch