[R] Synatx Error on start with R --no-save < myfile.R

Philipp Heuser philipp.heuser at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 13 12:48:31 CEST 2004

Dear all!

I wrote my R-code with an editor and loaded it with source("my_file.R").
Everything works fine as expected.

When I try to start my code with:
R --no-save < my_file.R

I do get a synatx error half way through. The version is 1.9.0 on a Linux
system. To start it with  R --no-save < my_file.R works on some machines but
on some it doesn't.

Are there any rules I've to consider, when I want to start it that way?
Any ideas what might cause syntax errors when starting code like that?

Regards
Philipp

--
Philipp Heuser

CUBIC - Cologne University Bioinformatics Center
Institute of Biochemistry
University of Cologne

Zuelpicher Str. 47
D-50674 Cologne, GERMANY