[R] (no subject)

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Wed Jul 14 16:29:06 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:11:30 -0400, Vincent Goulet
<vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca> wrote :

>Hi,
>
>I but you left out the extension that Windows is hiding from you.

Yes indeed!  Why Windows hides extensions has never made any sense to
me.  To turn off this seriously broken behaviour, open a folder, then
in the Tools|Folder Options dialog, find "Hide extensions for known
file types" and make sure it is not checked.  In Win XP it's under the
View tab, around 10 lines down; I think it's in other places in other
versions.

Duncan Murdoch