[R] ROracle - fetch gives empty dataframe

Rado Bonk rado.bonk at jrc.it
Wed Jul 14 17:05:25 CEST 2004

Michael,

Yes you are right, I forgot to specify the dbname when posting in R-help
list. But not in my R-code, since it is specified in ORACLE_SID variable
on Linux. Using the proper syntax I still get an empty data frame:

 > library(ROracle)
 > drv <- dbDriver("Oracle")
 > con <- dbConnect(drv, "rado/mypassword at dea")
 > dbListTables(con)
character(0)
 > q.sql <- c("select * from si_r where id=498")
 > rs <- dbSendQuery(con, q.sql)
 > data <- fetch(rs, n= -1)
 > dim(data)
[1] 0 3
 > dbGetStatement(rs)
[1] "select * from si_r where id=498"
 > dbGetInfo(con)
$dbname
[1] "dea"

$user
[1] "rado"

$passwd
[1] "mypassword"

$conType
[1] NA

$serverVersion
[1] NA

$protocolVersion
[1] NA

$threadId
[1] -1

$resultSetIds
$resultSetIds[[1]]
<OraResult:(15551,0,2)>

 > data
[1] ID  DAY R
<0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

--
Radoslav Bonk
European Commission - DG Joint Research Centre (JRC)