[R] SWIG for R

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Jul 14 18:33:06 CEST 2004

I like SWIG (well, it facilitates wrappers for Python really well),
but it's not perfect.

I've not delved into the difficulties in any detail yet, but we've had
problems with mixing SWIG and Boost.python for connections with Python
code -- and the Boost.python mechanism "feels" like DTL's RS<your
language here> code, where as SWIG doesn't quite have the same flavor.

(sorry for failing on the details, but I'm doing something else
today).