[R] PCA in R

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Wed Jul 14 22:16:44 CEST 2004

On 07/14/04 16:05, Herman, David (NIH/NIMH) wrote:
>Hello,
>            I'm attempting to run a PCA on an example data set. I ran it
>just fine, but I don't know how to few the output?

Take a look at the help file for prcomp, especially the bottom of
it.  (This is completely general advice for any R function.)  You
will see under "See also" a number of things listed, and if you
look them up or try them, then you will see several different
ways of viewing the result.  Under that is "Examples," which
provides more hints still.  And, if this isn't enough, type

example(prcomp)

on the command line.  The biplot function is especially nice.

Jon
Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R search page:        http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/