[R] contriburl argument to install.packages

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Jul 15 16:09:46 CEST 2004

Dear list members,

I can't figure out how to specify the contriburl argument to
install.packages() properly when the packages to be installed are in a
directory on my local machine. I have in mind a command something like

	install.packages(missing.packages, contriburl=directory,
lib=.libPaths()[1])

Where missing.packages is a character vector of package names (without
versions) and directory is the location where they reside (less PACKAGES, I
guess). I'm using R version 1.9.1 on a Windows XP machine. Several
variations on directory <- "file:c:/temp" don't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

John