[R] row naming

Kevin Bartz kbartz at loyaltymatrix.com
Thu Jul 15 21:05:40 CEST 2004

The rownames of a data.frame are there for reference; they are not
considered a column in your data set and will not be included in any
analyses. The short answer as to whether you should try to remove them is
no. To read in the file, use read.table(file, header=F), as you probably
already discovered.

Kevin