[R] adding option in the Windows installer for --internet2

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Fri Jul 16 01:22:02 CEST 2004

Yes, corporate firewall can be a real pain at times. Duncan does have a
point that many users (especially new ones) will not know what this is
for.

Would it be possible to test during the installation process if
--internet2 is suitable and ask for confirmation from the user. A
message as follows may suffice

"The installation process has detected that you might be behind a
firewall which could affect downloading of new packages. If this is
true, a modification(?) will be made."
[Yes/No]