[R] hclust error

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Mon Jul 19 17:56:07 CEST 2004

Herman,

Just out of curiosity, have you tried Mike Eisen's software Cluster
(http://rana.lbl.gov/EisenSoftware.htm). Try version 2.12 instead as
version 2.20 appears to give wrong results.

I never tried with 32000 rows, but when I tried a 10000 row last year it
seem to produce the results in a few minutes whereas R took either too
long or ran out of memory. Let us know if it works.

I assume you are trying to cluster the rows/genes here in which case the
number of columns/samples will not matter in your case.

Regards, Adai.