[R] How to sort TWO columns ?

Jacques VESLOT jacques.veslot at cirad.fr
Wed Jul 21 08:35:05 CEST 2004

Dear ALL,

I fear my question has already been answered many times before, but I
haven't fund that in archives...

I am working on spatial datasets and, in most arrays I'm handling, there are
two columns dedicated to (x,y)-coords.
For different reasons - notably to draw image() plots, I need to have these
two columns sorted in increasing order.
But sort() and order() seem to apply to vectors - or one single column -
only.

Could somedy please let me know how to sort two columns of a dataframe, with
priority to one of them, just like in access ?

Thanks,

Jacques VESLOT
CIRAD

Another related question :
How to put legend on image() plots - or image-based plots like
image.kriging() in geoR ?
Despite help pages, I haven't succeeded.

CIRAD 3P Reunion - MailScanner
Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
et analyse par 4 antivirus :
ClamAv - BitDefender - F-Prot - Panda.

Aucun virus,ni rien de suspect n'a été trouvé.